Customer Support Manager
The ACLM Customer Support Manager is an external-facing, field-based position requiring a high degree of job knowledge, communication, and organizational skills to successfully engage high volume, high visibility members (including senior leaders, physicians, and health professionals) to ensure member satisfaction, education on key ACLM initiatives, and improved coordination and partnership. The person in this role will provide product and service information, answer questions, and resolve any emerging problems that our customer accounts might face with accuracy and efficiency. Manage incoming calls and customer service inquiries, generate sales leads that develop into new customers, and identify and assess customer needs to achieve satisfaction.
Salary Range: $44,000 - $48,000
Benefits: Health/dental/vision insurance, HSA employer contribution, 401k - 4% employer match, $100 monthly virtual office stipend, paid holidays and standard PTO.
· Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
· Identify customer needs and help customers based on user interest, goals and needs
· Proactively provide up-to-date information on all courses, conferences, and membership benefits that may be of interest to members and prospective customers
· Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
· Update our various department points of contact with information about technical issues and useful feedback from discussions with customers
· Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
· Inform customers about new features and functionalities
· Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved
· Gather customer feedback and share with direct report and appropriate team member
· Connect users to appropriate staff members when necessary
· Assist with the facilitation of other department/organization projects including beta-testing offerings when necessary
· Proactively work to enhance the entire ACLM experience – this may require the solicitation of information from customers and communicating that information to the appropriate ACLM departments
· Assist users with learning management system (LMS) Brightspace/D2L navigation inquiries/issues
· Work with other staff to identify and resolve issues within iMIS, Brightspace, and website
· Assist users with account/login issues
· Assist users with enrollment/registration issues
· Help maintain accurate user information within database
· Support with monthly and annual membership, events, and/or education reporting as needed
· Support with course and textbook purchases, shipping reports, and inventory
· Support the Director of Finance & Human Resources with invoice processing upon user request
· Assist with billing, including investigating and resolving issues with user purchases
· Support with organizational bulk purchase and scholarship facilitation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Preferences
· 2-3 years of customer support experience working in a not for profit membership-based organization
· Bachelor degree in communication, information technology, human resources, or relevant diploma
· Familiarity with lifestyle medicine, educational courses, CME/CE/MOC
· Experience with help desk software and support tools, preferably Zendesk
· Experience working in an association management system (AMS), preferably iMIS
· Experience working in a learning management system (LMS), preferably Brightspace D2L
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· Independently troubleshoots and follows through
· Dedicated team player mentality
· Multi-tasking abilities
· Patience when handling tough cases
· Proficient in Microsoft office suite
· Proficient in work management platforms, preferably Asana
· Travel 1-2 times per year may be required
If you’re interested in applying for the ACLM Customer Support Manager position, please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Theresa Stephan, Director of Finance & Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org. *Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
The American College of Lifestyle Medicine is posting this position on behalf of another organization.
The American College of Lifestyle Medicine (ACLM) is the medical professional society providing quality education and certification to those dedicated to clinical and worksite practice of lifestyle medicine as the foundation of a transformed and sustainable health care system.
Lifestyle medicine is a medical specialty that uses therapeutic lifestyle interventions as a primary modality to treat chronic conditions including, but not limited to, cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, and obesity. Lifestyle medicine certified clinicians are trained to apply evidence-based, whole-person, prescriptive lifestyle change to treat and, when used intensively, often reverse such conditions. Applying the six pillars of lifestyle medicine—a whole-food, plant-predominant eating pattern, physical activity, restorative sleep, stress management, avoidance of risky substances and positive social connections—also provides effective prevention for these conditions.