Location: Houston, TX
Suvida Healthcare is a neighborhood-centric, multidisciplinary primary care program built to address the physical, behavioral, social, and cultural needs of the underserved Medicare-eligible Hispanic population. Multigenerational in design, Suvida’s differentiated approach will enable us to deliver on the quadruple aim, improving health outcomes as well as consumer and employee experience while lowering total cost of care. Suvida will thoughtfully cultivate an empathetic and service-centric environment, positioning us not only as a best-in class health care provider, but also as the provider of choice for our patients, their families, and the community at large.
We are an empowered primary care team creating health equity through an exceptional clinical and consumer experience that improves the quality of life for the people, families, and the neighborhoods we serve.
To improve the quality of life for underserved people and those that care for them in neighborhoods across America.
The Registered Dietitian (RD) will work with a multidisciplinary team at Suvida Healthcare to assess the nutritional needs of our patients and improve nutrition equity in our neighborhoods. This role is integrated into the care model of Suvida and requires expertise in working with patients with multiple chronic conditions. This clinician will work across the care spectrum from prevention to treatment utilizing the best technology and tools to provide high-quality and equitable nutrition care for our patients.
The RD will participate in Suvida’s lifestyle medicine program which includes many food as medicine interventions like culinary medicine and food prescriptions. You will work with Suvida’s leadership and care team to develop and implement culturally relevant care programs that address social determinants of health, improve patient outcomes, and increase patient satisfaction. Essential responsibilities consist of but are not all inclusive:
· Provide nutrition counseling rooted in deep cultural humility and inclusivity to support the individualized nutritional care plans for Suvida patients.
· Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary team and community-based organizations to address nutrition insecurity and other related social and structural determinates of health.
· Provide in clinic, virtual and home-based individual and group nutrition care for Suvida patients.
· Lead culinary medicine classes and collaborate with other Suvida experts to deliver lifestyle medicine programming.
· Utilize the latest technology and tools to assess the nutritional needs of patients, develop, and implement nutritional care plans, and collaborate with Suvida’s multidisciplinary team.
· Assist with the development of Suvida’s lifestyle medicine programming (culinary medicine, food RX, etc.).
· Provide interdisciplinary education and training to integrate and communicate nutrition principles that enhance patient outcomes.
· Collaborate as an integral member of the multidisciplinary health care team to implement nutrition care plans, and establish and maintain policies, standards, and programs for optimal, cost-effective nutrition care for Suvida’s patients.
· Other duties assigned.
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
· Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or Registered Dietitian (RD)
· Licensed Dietitian (LD) State of Texas or eligible within 60 days of hire
· 3+ years of experience as a Registered Dietitian (adult geriatrics preferred)
· Bilingual (English and Spanish) required
· Experience teaching culinary medicine classes
· Experience working in lifestyle medicine related initiatives (culinary medicine, food RX, gardening, medically tailored meals) preferred
· Fitness and movement experience preferred
· Social media experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for prolonged periods of time, stand, walk, talk, hear, and reach with hands and arms. Hand eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and other office equipment; must be able to operate a motor vehicle. When representing Suvida Healthcare at external events, the Registered Dietitian is also required to stand for prolonged periods of time, kneel, crouch, bend and lift, and must be able to move up to 30 pounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
"As a first-generation immigrant, trained geriatrician, and family caregiver, I have experienced firsthand how our existing system fails our most vulnerable seniors and their families."
Dr. Ana Fuentevilla
Co-Founder and Chief Medical Officer
Suvida Healthcare is building a better healthcare system for Hispanic seniors and their families, right inside their neighborhoods.
Rooted in trust, respect, and community engagement, Suvida delivers senior-focused primary care in a warm, comfortable environment where physicians and other healthcare professionals can care for patients in ways they always dreamed.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for Hispanic seniors and those that care for them in neighborhoods across America.
Accessing high-quality primary care in your neighborhood shouldn’t be difficult. At Suvida, we make it easy to find neighborhood-centric healthcare built around your needs.
Like the families of our patients, our approach is multigenerational.
Caring for loved ones is often a family affair.
At Suvida, supporting patients and those who care for them is at the core of everything we do.