Sharecare is the leading digital health company that helps people – no matter where they are in their health journey – unify and manage all their health in one place. Our comprehensive and data-driven virtual health platform is designed to help people, providers, employers, health plans, government organizations, and communities optimize individual and population-wide well-being by driving positive behavior change. Driven by our philosophy that we are all together better, at Sharecare, we are committed to supporting each individual through the lens of their personal health and making high-quality care more accessible and affordable for everyone. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.
The Nurse Case Manager (NCM) in the Ornish Lifestyle Medicine Program (“Program”) is a remote position, responsible for the progression of care for participants in the intensive cardiac rehabilitation program. This includes initial assessment, establishment of the Individualized Treatment Plan (ITP) and monitoring the response of each participant to the intervention to promote quality, safety, and clinical effectiveness of the program. The NCM coordinates care with the referring medical provider and other members of the participants health care team, as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
• Reviews participants medical records.
• Medical records review for health, safety, or program compliance concerns.
• Medical records review for insurance eligibility requirements.
• Identification of barriers to participation and subsequent review of options.
• Conducts the participant intake screening/assessment.
• Ensures staff compliance and documentation is complete and accurate in the Sharecare charting platform for ITP development.
• Communicates with patients referring provider as needed.
• Develops and generates the ITP based on national guidelines for review and signature by Supervising Physician.
• Oversees and ensures completeness of the exercise prescription and ITP every 30 days for Supervising Physician signature.
• Responsible for cohort supervision as it relates to participant attendance, compliance with ITP, progression within the program, safety, and satisfaction.
• Communicates with Supervising Physician via Zoom telephone and zoom break out rooms in the event of patient abnormal symptoms, complaints, or complications.
• Daily charting as needed on each respective cohort.
• Ensures element specialists for each cohort provide coordinated and cooperative care to each participant.
• Participates in the Program’s interactive lesson plan and in the ongoing education of the participants as needed.
• Coordinates and attends remote cohort staff weekly team meetings along with Patient Experience Specialist.
• Facilitates a high level of participant satisfaction.
• Complies with HIPAA privacy and patient confidentiality policies and procedures.
• Provides educational in-service, as necessary.
• Attends and participates in Nurse Case Manager working groups.
• Assist in training and orientation of new team members, when needed.
Specific Skills/ Attributes:
• Excellent public speaking skills and knowledge of adult education and coaching principles.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills with sensitivity to participant needs.
• Desire and willingness to collaborate as a member of a high-functioning transdisciplinary team that supports personal transformation.
• Excellent organization and planning skills focused on superior patient care.
• Experienced with interoffice communication and patient care coordination.
• Excellent computer skills, including use of electronic medical records, and secure telehealth platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
• Minimum of 2 years of recent experience working as a Nurse Case Manager in a Traditional Cardiac Rehab or Ornish Lifestyle Medicine Program.
• Access to an area conducive to confidentiality and virtual teaching environment, virtual team meetings and individual virtual sessions.
Everyone lives better, longer. That’s the vision. We’re making strides every day by bringing together the many different elements of health for you, your family, and your community. It’s not easy connecting doctors, health plans, employers, useful tools, quality information, and more to deliver what you need when you need it. But that’s what makes Sharecare special. We’re putting the power of living your healthiest life in your hands.
Health innovator Jeff Arnold founded Sharecare to fix fragmentation in health. Over the next three years, we developed technology, content, and partner relationships culminating in the launch of our platform.
As thousands and thousands of people like you engaged with the platform, we cultivated insights, deepened partner relationships, and bought companies with trailblazing technology and proven programs. We made the platform a powerful health connector.
Today, Sharecare is the leading digital health company, linking millions of people across the health system. We’re incredibly grateful to reach this point. And we have more work to do. We’ll never stop making the health system work better, together, for all.