Provides direct psychosocial services to mentally ill patients in the community who are experiencing psychosocial difficulties. Provides linkage, coordination with, referral to and follow-up with appropriate ongoing service providers. Provides information and consultation to other community agencies and other disciplines, including other services of the Agency. Assists in the overall functioning of the Program. Works under general supervision.
• Responsible for screening telephone referrals.
• Performs psychosocial evaluation and assessment of mental health service needs of identified patients and their families through professional knowledge, skills of observation and interviewing.
• Develops and implements short-term service plans for patients, in conjunction with other members of the Program.
• Provides counseling, care management and appropriate referrals for long term and supplemental treatment.
• Prepares case histories and prepares and maintains case records, in accordance with the Program record-keeping mechanism.
• Encourages resistant clients to accept mental health services through interventions with clients and/or family members and friends concerned with the client's welfare.
• Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and case conferences of the Program.
• Provides referral and provision of information to appropriate long-term mental health services and social services and social services providers, or long-term residential facilities.
• Coordinates and follows up on linkages made between clients and other service agencies and mental health providers to ensure continuity of care.
• Liaison with, and consultation to, community agencies.
• Provides outreach services as part of the Program to mentally ill individuals in the community who are experiencing, or are at risk of, psychosocial difficulties and require mental health intervention in their home.
• Serves as resource person to the program and other components of the Agency, when requested, pertaining to psychiatric nursing.
• Participates with the team and other appropriate Agency staff in the development and implementation of an in-service training component.
• Assists and collaborates with the Program Coordinator in the overall functioning of the service.
• Assumes Program Coordinator's functions in his/her absence, as requested.
• Participates in community programs and education, as requested.
• Contributes to the formulation of clinical and administrative policies and procedures and the preparation of policy and procedure manuals, as required.
• May provide clinical supervision for Mental Health Technician, graduate Social Worker students or junior staff Social Workers.
• Monitors mental status of Senior Citizens accepted to the program.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
QualificationsLicenses and Certifications:
Current registration to practice as a Licensed Master Social Worker in New York State Required
As determined by operational/regional needs, valid drivers license may be Required Education:
Master's Degree In Social Work after successfully completing a prescribed course of study at a graduate school of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and the Education Dept. and who is certified or licensed by the Education Dept to practice Social Work in New York State RequiredWork Experience:
Minimum of one year experience as a Social Worker in a health care setting Required
As determined by operational needs, bilingual skills may be Required
Compensation Range From and To:$62,000.00 - $77,500.00 Annual
About VNS Health
Curious to know what it’s like to work at VNS Health? We’re a diverse group. Our frontline team encompasses nurses, social workers, rehab therapists, physicians, nurse practitioners, and other clinical professionals as well as home health aides. We’ve learned that caring for people in their homes and communities is incredibly rewarding, and it provides a level of insight you rarely get in a hospital or office setting.
Our teams also include professional roles in finance, IT, marketing, human resources, business strategy, health plan services, and more. We’re aligned around a common mission, and we invite you to join us.
What Sets Us Apart
At VNS Health, you’ll have the opportunity to meaningfully impact lives. Including yours. We expect the best — and we recognize that we need to give our best too. That’s why we provide our team members with a comprehensive employment experience.
Our three Core Values — empathy, integrity, and agility — guide everything we do. They’re what we bring to the table as individuals, as teams, and as an organization. They unify us around our common mission: To improve the health of people in need.
VNS Health draws on a rich history and a legacy of trust to build a bright future. You can take pride in doing meaningful work that has the power to improve people’s health and change their lives.
Whether you’re a new graduate or looking for a leadership position, VNS Health provides the tools you need to be successful, from an onboarding buddy to opportunities for professional growth and training to grow your career.
Your Total Rewards
VNS Health offers robust and affordable benefits to meet your needs. These include flexible paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and several programs designed to increase your wealth, like employer-matched retirement funds, as well as personal and financial wellness programs.