Job ID: 2231756BR
Category: Nurse Practitioner
Address: 523 South State Road 67
Location: Mooresville, IN
Working autonomously, MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioners (NP) conduct physical assessments, perform and interpret diagnostic tests, diagnose and treat common conditions, provide screenings, interventions, counseling, and prescribe medications as needed to patients in specified age categories. Provide accurate assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of common family illnesses for patients over 18 months.
* Help patients manage their well-being with vaccinations and patient education
* Ensure patient information, visit history, refer outs, lab follow-up, phone calls, and consults are carefully and completely documented in the EMR
* Identify opportunities within local communities for development of outreach activities
* Daily use of computer, software programs (EMR), printer, scanner, and credit/debit card equipment
* Develop a close working relationship with store manager and pharmacist at the clinic location
* Perform non-clinical tasks as required (e.g. reporting, vaccination temperature management, maintain clinic appearance)
* Complete financial responsibilities pertaining to customer payments
* Willing to travel to other local MinuteClinic locations when necessary
BENEFITS: Aside from a variety of schedule options, MinuteClinic offers competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefits plan, including a 401k match, CME reimbursement, tuition reimbursement for further education and incentive programs.
TRAINING: We are officially accredited by the ANCC as a nursing continuing education provider! At MinuteClinic, you will have the tools, training and resources needed to provide expert health care to those in need and educate your patients to live healthier lives.
GROWTH: By managing your own clinic you will develop business administrative skills which can lead to various internal growth options, such as our managers, who are consistently hired from within!
SUPPORT: MinuteClinic offers its practitioners an environment of supportive autonomy. Our clinic leaders and collaborating physicians are always available for consultation, mentorship and support.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
* Passion for the MinuteClinic concept and vision
* Current National Board Certification
* State of Employment license to practice as Advanced Practice Nurse
* Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
* Outstanding organization skills and ability to multi-task
* Initiative, creativity, problem-solving ability, adaptability, and flexibility
* Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
* Ability to collaborate with professional colleagues as necessary to provide quality care
* Ability to consistently present a friendly, welcoming, and professional public-facing appearance
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
* If less than 1 year of work experience, prior student precepting rotation with MinuteClinic is preferred but not required
* Master’s Degree level Family Nurse Practitioner program
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Guided by our purpose, CVS Health® is building an entire world of health care around each and every person we serve, no matter where they are on their journey.
We listen, show empathy and deliver innovative solutions that serve people’s unique needs and earn their loyalty. Because how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Looking ahead, we’ve put in place strategies that will help us give more people a higher level of care.