About NYC Health + Hospitals:
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
At NYC Health + Hospitals, our mission is to deliver high quality care health services, without exception. Every employee takes a person-centered approach that exemplifies the ICARE values (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence) through empathic communication and partnerships between all persons.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of a Community Health Worker (CHW) Supervisor and as part of the NYC H+H Public Health Corps, Primary and Specialty Care (Pediatrics) CHWs work with patients, their parents and caretakers performing patient-centered, community health work in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams in NYC H+H primary care and specialty care clinics, reporting to Pediatrics Primary or Specialty Care Leadership at each site. CHWs are specially trained frontline public health workers who are trusted members of and/or have a thorough understanding of the communities they serve. The CHW participates in community outreach activities within the communities of NYC, engaging patients and providing resources and assistance needed to address issues preventing them from staying healthy. The CHW motivates and supports pediatric patients, parents and caretakers to achieve their family health goals through facilitating connections to primary and specialty care clinics, community and parenting services, mental health support and/or pre-natal care, creating health goals, and helping them find affordable healthy food options. All references to patient below may include their parents and/or caretakers, where appropriate.
General tasks and responsibilities will include:
For Appointment to Level I
1. One year of full-time experience in a government agency or community organization in providing community services to the public or in assisting members of the community in obtaining community services; or
2. Completion of an approved six month training program of combined classroom training and on-the-job experience in community liaison work, plus six months of full-time experience as described in 1 above.
For Appointment to Level II
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements of Assignment Level I, appointment to Level II requires:
1. Two additional years of full-time experience in counseling, community work or community health activities in a government agency or community organization engaged in providing community services to the public, assisting members of the community in obtaining community services or maintaining liaison with schools, community organizations or other government agencies for the purpose of providing assistance and obtaining participation and support for implementation of community or public service programs; or
2. Education and/or experience equivalent to 1 above. Study at an accredited college in sociology, psychology or other behavioral science may be substituted on the basis of 30 semester credits for each year of the experience described above. However, all persons must have at least one year of the full-time experience described above.
For Appointment to Level III
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements of Assignment Level II, appointment to Level III requires:
1. One additional year of full-time experience as described in 1 above.
For Appointment to Level IV
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements for Assignment Level III, appointment to Level IV requires:
1. One additional year of full-time experience.
NYC Health and Hospitals offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
NYC Health + Hospitals is the nation’s largest municipal health care delivery system in the United States dedicated to providing the highest quality health care services to all New Yorkers with compassion, dignity and respect, and regardless of immigration status or ability to pay.
We are an integrated network of hospitals, community-based health centers, long-term care and rehabilitation facilities, home care services, correctional health services and a health plan, MetroPlus. Our diverse team of health care professionals – 45,000 strong – provide culturally responsive care to more than one million patients every year in more than 70 patient care locations across the five boroughs of New York City.
As a safety net health system, we are committed to making health care accessible and affordable. We focus on health and wellness with an emphasis on keeping communities healthy, not just treating injury or illness. We advance health equity by consistently addressing social determinants of health, ensuring workforce diversity and creating models of care that remove barriers for special populations experiencing a disproportionate burden of illness.
Our skilled clinicians offer the full continuum of care including primary care, urgent care, behavioral health and specialty services in every area of medicine to improve the health of the communities we serve and help all New Yorkers live their healthiest life.
NYC Health + Hospitals is committed to excellence in health care. Our providers work together to provide comprehensive, personalized care to all New Yorkers.
NYC Health + Hospitals’ vision is to be a fully integrated health system that enables New Yorkers to live their healthiest lives.
NYC Health + Hospitals is built on a foundation of social and racial equity and has established the ICARE standards for all our staff. It will help us offer our patients a better experience when under our care and will increase staff awareness to become better engaged with the mission and vision of the organization.